Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Skateboarding lessons


So over the last year of gymnastics Cooper had been asking us if he could do skateboarding and we thought he was just too small, but apparently not because this week we finally started them and a few of the boys are younger than Cooper and have been in it for sometime now! My bad, maybe I just wanted to keep him safe for a little while longer!
So we went to a local skate shop named Freedom right near our house and got ALL the supplies to help keep him without a broken bone! (I hope) He loved the class and did not hesitate at all with the things that was asked of him, even to the point that he asked the teacher to "move the mat, I don't need it" Yikes!!!
He was a sweaty monkey when we were done but wanted to go again today so I had to explain that is only on Tuesday nights for now and we will be going back! He LOVED it!
Apparently he is all grown up and wants to do the crazy sports not the soft gentle things I'd like him to do!

1 comment:

Dixiechick said...

Of all the little boys I have met (and I've met a lot of them), Cooper is the only one I think can and will be amazing at something like this. He is a very naturally gifted athlete--it's obvious. I was only around him for a couple hours and I could tell. I bet he's gonna be doing crazy tricks in no time. Scary for Mom, fun for him. :)